“Sustainability is becoming increasingly important to brand owners, including those in the flexible packaging space.
According to the Sustainable Packaging Coalition, sustainable packaging:
• Is beneficial, safe, and healthy for individuals and communities throughout its life cycle.
• Meets market criteria for both performance and cost.
• Is sourced, manufactured, transported and recycled using renewable energy.
• Optimizes the use of renewable or recycled source materials.
• Is manufactured using clean production technologies and best practices.
• Is made from materials that are healthy throughout the life cycle.
• Is physically designed to optimize materials and energy.
• Is effectively recovered and utilized in biological and/or industrial closed-loop cycles.”