CUSTOM FOOD PACKAGING SOLUTIONS WITH STYLE
In the food industry, presentation is just as important as preservation. At Phenix Specialty Films, we understand this. Which is why our food packaging capabilities are specifically designed to do both. We use the most innovative and highest quality materials for our films. In addition, we provide invaluable support from concept to finished product. The result, custom food packaging that enhances your brand while keeping freshness, convenience, and safety in mind. Whether you’re looking for vacuum-sealed thermoforming or pre-made pouches, you can rest assured the food packaging experts at Phenix Specialty Films have you covered.
Multi-Layer Thermoforming Rollstock
Pick from a range of multi-layer, co-extruded structures and barrier grades. Our thermoforming films protect against oxygen and moisture for the shelf-life you need while offering high gloss and low haze for better product presentation. Vacuum skin packaging (VSP) also available.
- Ideal for: meat (fresh, frozen, and processed), poultry (fresh, frozen, and processed), seafood (fresh, frozen, and processed), cheese and dairy, prepared meals, snacks, pet food, and produce.
Stand-up or lay-flat, recloseable pouches provide an eye-catching retail package that is also convenient for customers while keeping your product fresh and protected.
- Ideal for: meat, poultry, seafood, snacks, eggs, cereals, pet food, coffee.
VFFS & HFFS
Whether you have vertical or horizontal form, fill and seal, we have you covered with a wide range of custom laminations.
- Ideal for: cheese and dairy, meat (fresh, frozen, and processed), pet food, poultry (fresh, frozen, and processed), prepared meals, seafood (fresh, frozen, and processed), snacks, coffee & tea, and condiments & spices.
Printed, plain or colored; standard, high barrier or even respiring; we have shrink bags that work for every kind of application and equipment.
- Ideal for: cheese and dairy, meat (fresh, frozen, and processed), poultry (fresh, frozen, and processed), and seafood (fresh, frozen, and processed).meat (fresh, frozen, and processed), poultry (fresh, frozen, and processed), and seafood (fresh, frozen, and processed).
A staple of any food processing and packaging facility; durable and easy to use for a variety of foods.
- Ideal for: cheese and dairy, meat (fresh, frozen, and processed), poultry (fresh, frozen, and processed), and seafood (fresh, frozen, and processed).
Co-extruded and laminated films for all types of trays and applications. Lock, peel and peel-reseal available.
- Ideal for: meat (fresh, frozen, and processed), poultry (fresh, frozen, and processed), seafood (fresh, frozen, and processed), snacks, cheese and dairy, eggs, snacks, prepared meals, produce.
High Barrier Recyclables
Environmentally conscious consumers are demanding a move towards sustainable packaging materials and we can deliver with new high barrier recyclable films and pouches.
- Ideal for: Bakery and cereals, snacks, coffee & tea.
The workhorse of flexible plastics. We can produce straight PE films as needed as well as a variety of laminates to other substrates, making whatever technical film your product requires.
BOPP (biaxially oriented polypropylene)
Great optics make this a popular choice for both surface and reverse printing. It also provides a good moisture barrier and chemical resistance and is less expensive than PET, and it is a common material for flow wrap and VFFS applications.
PET (polyethylene terephthalate)
The best optics and stiffness make this the number one choice for reverse print laminations. PET also makes an excellent semi-rigid film for in line tray forming applications, and its heat resistance allows for use in higher temperature applications versus other polymers.
EVOH (ethylene vinyl alchohol)
Typically coextruded with polyethylene, it provides excellent oxygen and moisture barrier and is the go-to resin for high barrier applications like fresh meat and jerky where film clarity is important.
MET PET / MET OPP (metalized polyethylene terephthalate and metalized polypropylene)
When transparency is not required, there is not a better or most cost-effective high barrier option than a metalized PET or OPP. Today’s metalization technologies allow for metalized films that rival the barrier properties of foil. And the opacity they provide gives extra pop to your printed packages and provides UV protection.
Foil (aluminum foil)
Provides the maximum oxygen and moisture barrier possible in a flexible material. Foil is also a key component in retort pouches and primary food packaging films that meet military specifications
Has superior puncture resistance making it an important component of many coex thermoforming films, vacuum pouches and retort pouches. It is also known for its excellent odor barrier properties
AIOx (aluminum oxide)
A coating often applied to PET or OPP to create a high barrier material that can compete with traditional metalized films while still being clear, microwave safe and capable of being processed through a standard metal detector. AlOx can also be used for microwaveable retort pouches.
Paper to poly laminations can provide that rustic, timeless look and the excellent cutting and tear properties of paper still make it the material of choice for condiment and spice packets. Add a die cut window for product visibility for chip bags and other retail packaging.
Many single polymer films are already recyclable for in-store drop off (PE, PET, and PP) so long as they have been cleaned of food residue. And now we can also offer recyclable high barrier films for pre-made printed pouches and clear thermoforming applications.
Questions? Give us a shout—we’re happy to help you find the packaging and materials that are right for you.