This is an emerging, rapidly evolving situation and AAMP will provide updated information as it becomes available, in addition to updated guidance. The safety and well-being of our members is our top priority.
As of today, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), notes the following in terms of risk assessment:
- For most people, the immediate risk of being exposed to the virus that causes COVID-19 is thought to be low.
- People in places where ongoing community spread of the virus that causes COVID-19 has been reported are at elevated risk of exposure, with increase in risk dependent on the location.
- Health care workers caring for patients with COVID-19 are at elevated risk of exposure.
- Close contacts of persons with COVID-19 also are at elevated risk of exposure.
- Travelers returning from affected international locations where community spread is occurring also are at elevated risk of exposure, with increase in risk dependent on the location. The CDC recommends avoiding non-essential travel to several countries. Before traveling, consult travel guidance from the CDC.
- Provides up-to-date information about the spread of the virus, including infection and mortality rates, recovery rates and locations by country.